Please choose your Activity service.
You'll be taken to that site to give permission to read your data so we can create your poster. We will not write to or modify your account in anyway.
If you've already connected choose the same service to re-authenticate yourself.
Use another service or have a question? See our Connection Help or send us an email.
What do you do with my data?
- Once you've given permission for to access your data, we will download your activities and store the name/date and GPS time/location so it can be plotted on a map.
- That data is only visible on when logged in with your Strava/Runkeeper accout.
- We will use your data for printing your poster and wo will not share, sell, or give it away without asking you first.
What Strava permissions do you need?If you connect with Strava you'll be asked to give us the following permissions.
- Access your profile and activity data - So we can read your activity data.
- Access private data on your activities - So we can plot data from your privacy zone.
What Runkeeper permissions do you need?On Runkeeper you'll be asked for the following access.
Despite the permissions Runkeeper gives us (which is the minimum we can get) we will not update your profile, settings, friends, or post new activities
- Access and update your profile and settings - We don't use.
- Access and update your friends - We don't use.
- Post new activities and measurements - We don't use.
- Read your activity and measurement history - So we can read your activity data.
Why do you need my email and what do you do with it?
It normally takes 20-30 seconds to download and process your GPS data, but if there's a high activity on the site or we're making too many requests to the Strava or Runkeeper services there may be a delay.
We will email you with a link to your poster when it is ready, we will follow up with a few reminders and hints to help you create your poster, and any updates and news about the service (less than 1 a month).
Every email will have a link which will stop all further emails.
I don't use Strava or Runkeeper how can I get a poster?There's a number of options, First Subscribe to our mailing list to find out when we add support for new providers and so we can prioritize support based on need
- Create a free Strava or Runkeeper and copy your data to that account.
- Strava can upload new activities and upto 30 days of past activities automatically and activities can be manually copied to both services.
- The excellent Tapiriik service can copy past and future activities from a large number of services for just a $2 yearly contribution.
Any questions or suggestions please Email us
Highlight AllMakes all activities appear super thick so you can see where to zoom in on the map.
Activity WidthBy default the activity lines are printed 0.2mm thick. A single line will not be visible more than about a meter away from the poster (obviously depending on the background map and your eyesight).
If you've run the same route multiple times different thinner lines often look good. With fewer activity on the same paths thicker lines may stand out more.
Zoom in and outUse the + and - buttons to zoom in and out of your map. A mouse wheel or two fingers on a trackpad may also work depending on your device.
To move the map drag it left and right.
OrientationClick on the left or right sides of the orientation control to rotate your poster.
Click on the top to reset the map back with North at the top.
Landscape/PortraitYou can choose between landscape and portrait orientations so your activities fits just right in you poster and looks good on your wall.
When will my card be charged and poster printed?Posters are usually printed and shipped on the same day as ordering - perhaps a little longer if the order is received at the weekend or late in the day. Your card will be charged before the poster is printed. Any major delays we will get in contact with you.
How is my poster Shipped?Your poster will be shipped in a rugged cardboard tube, which should protect it from the rigours of international travel
When will I receive my poster?
Shipping is by DHL Express shipping from our print centre in Finland and will usually arrive in a week: 3-4 working days in Europe and 4-6 around the world
Depending on how you get your post it's unlikely the poster tube will fit through your letter box, so you may receive a card to rearrange delivery.
What if I don't receive my poster?
Please wait until 10 working days after order then Email us, so we can ship another poster to you
My poster has arrived damaged?
Please Email us, so we can investigate and sort out a replacement.
If you can, please send a photo of the damage or atleast a description.
Will I be charged Import Duty or Tax?Possibly, it depends.
Any questions please Email us
Whilst it's possible to create your poster on a small screen device.
routeink.com has been optimized for a desktop or tablet screen where you can see much more detail.
Reconnect to the same Strava/Runkeeper account to see your poster in any other browser.